The event is being sponsored by Obesity Action Coalition and Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. to discuss blogging and online discussions about obesity and bariatric surgery.
We will be meeting on Thursday evening for a reception and then all day Friday for the event.
The topics to be covered will be:
- Insights into the state of obesity in the United States and the importance of patient advocacy; led by the Obesity Action Coalition - The leading US patient advocacy organization
- Hear from a prominent US surgeon on the lastest trends in bariatric surgery
- Join your peers to discuss current trends in blogging and online media coverage of obesity and surgery; hear from industry experts
- Joe Nadglowski - President and C.E.O. of Obesity Action Coalition
- Robin P. Blackstone, M.D., F.A.C.S. - Incoming President of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
Please note that all travel and accommodations are in accordance with the FTC and WOMMA.
The event itself is by invitation only but a few of us are getting together Friday, April 15th. If you are in the area and would like to join us. Or are looking for an excuse to come to NYC? Please come hang out! Rumor has it that there are approximately 16 "bad girls" coming to hang out for the evening.
When: Friday, April 15 at 6:00pm till ?
Location start: Lobby of the Mondrian SOHO Hotel
9 Crosby St, New York, NY 10013
And some of us are planning to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge Saturday morning, just because we can. The more the merrier! Please join us!