Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Following your dreams.....

Following my dreams is a frightening event! For the first time in my life I am taking the bull by the horns, taking a chance, believing in myself, taking a risk, going for the gusto and I am freaking scared shitless!

On the outside, I am cool, collected and confident and on the inside, I am filled with anxiety and self doubt! That fat girl is screaming at me still, "You can't do this!" But, I know I can! Working through this is one of the hardest things I have ever done.

Self doubt and low self esteem filled my life when I was obese. I am having the hardest time breaking free from those ties that bind. I didn't just wake up thinner and poof, magically that issue was magically transformed. It is a daily battle for me, to believe in myself and love myself.

I know many others struggle with this issue, just like me, and I am not afraid to share my faults with others. We only get stronger by admitting our problems and making a conscience effort to change them. I feel that life is an never-ending journey in which I continue to try and grow.

So, right now....I am making a big step into an unknown future and you know what???? I am frightened! But, excited all at the same time. My life is full of surprises and what if's right now. I keep telling myself, "It is all going to be ok, trust yourself" and I know I can.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds about 100% dead on! Sometimes it is good to have someone just listen... not tell you what to do.. but just listen... I wish you the very best! Teresa Dunn http://teresajourneyshome.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete