Friday, December 17, 2010
Leek and Asparagus Souffles
You will need:
10 spears of Asparagus
1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup of Vegetable Stock
1 teaspoon Thyme
1 teaspoon Rosemary
2 Eggs, seperated
1 tbsp. Plain Yogurt
1 1/2 tbsp. Goat Cheese
1) Clean asparagus and finely chop. Chop white section of leeks and wash carefully to remove any dirt that is in the vegetable. Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat and add leeks and asparagus, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
2) Add the vegetable stock and herbs to the skillet and lower the heat. Season and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
3) Remove from heat and puree in a mixing bowl. I prefer to use my Cuisinart Smart Stick for quick and easy assembly. Add yogurt and goat cheese and give it a quick blend again.
4) Blend the egg yolks to the mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
5) In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form.
6) Fold the egg whites into the mixture. Spoon the mixture into lightly greased ramekins (I used one cup ramekins) on a warmed baking sheet. Cook in a preheated oven at 350 for 40 minutes or until well risen and golden brown. This recipe will make 3 servings. Enjoy!